The Prajnya Trust is a Chennai based NGO working on women’s rights, women’s history, gender based violence and peace education. For almost a decade, our gender violence awareness and gender equality outreach programmes have engaged thousands across Chennai and beyond, facilitating conversations about violence, equality and justice.
We’re looking for a full time Programme Officer for the Gender Violence Research and Information Taskforce (GRIT) at Prajnya. This is a leadership position with tremendous learning and growth opportunities, with an inside view of social and policy sectors and the platform to make a real contribution to social change.
The Programme Officer will be primarily responsible for:
- Planning, logistics and implementation of gender violence related programmes;
- Sustaining existing GRIT processes (mainly training) and initiating new processes;
- Interface with existing NGO, educational, government and corporate partners;
- Identifying and building relationships with new partners for GRIT;
- Research and writing projects about gender-based violence;
- Documentation of all GRIT activities;
- Media planning and social media management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any subject;
- Minimum 1- 2 years work experience in the development sector;
- Passion for human rights and social justice work;
- Excellent writing and drafting skills in English; Tamil is a bonus;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Essential that the person be a self-starter, highly motivated.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a social science subject;
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in the development sector.
- This is a Chennai-based position;
- Fluency in spoken English and Tamil, and written English are essential.
All interested candidates must email their CVs, a writing sample and a brief covering note to email@example.com by 5 December 2016. Remuneration will be based on experience.