Prajnya is seeking the Founding Members of Vasundhara,
a special circle of supporters
who hold firm the ground beneath our feet.
For eight years, Prajnya has been a team of committed volunteers holding other jobs,
working with small individual donations,
doing what we could manage at the pace we could manage.
- a successful 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence every year for six years;
- scores of training sessions for gender violence awareness;
- done almost a dozen oral history interviews;
- curated three special photo-calls for the Prajnya Archives;
- piloted a peace education programme;
- created dozens of resources on gender equality and peace;
- engaged actively on social networks as public education work;
- interacted with thousands across Chennai on these critical issues.
But this is it. We’re at our inflection point.
Help write the trajectory of our future.
- Will we be able to keep our promise to the community?
- Will we be able to undertake gender violence sensitisation,
training for policy compliance and public outreach across sectors
commensurate with need and demand?
- Will we be able to fulfil our research and communication mandate
making information available to citizens who seek it?
- Will we be able to create the synergistic partnerships
that social change requires?
- Or will we turn away those who seek to work with us
for want of human resources?
Where do we go from here?
A commitment by a dozen Vasundhara members to support us
with a gift of Rs. 100,000/- per year for three years
will allow us to hire a professional team—
will consolidate the ground beneath our feet.
So will YOU enable this journey and walk with us?